Apple Wireless Keybored Poorly Built

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by littleb2005, Oct 28, 2009.

1. littleb2005 macrumors member

Are the apple wireless keyboard poorly built or what i was playing i game and the keyboard just stop working i though it was the batteries but i decided to charge them fully and all the keyboard does now for 1 second is say it connected then not connected and this keep happening none stop any one got any ideas or am i going to have to stop using apple keyboards

this is not the first keyboard to muck up on me

i cant pair the keyboard due to the connected - not connected thing happening

2. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

The apple wireless keyboard is not poorly built.

3. littleb2005 thread starter macrumors member

so explain to me either how to fix it or why this is the second keyboard to do what is stated in my first post

4. crazyxzer0 macrumors 6502

you said charged them fully. are these rechargable batteries? Have you tried regular batteries? Just a thought.

i have two wireless apple keyboards, and i have no problems with them. :p

5. littleb2005 thread starter macrumors member

6. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Please use punctuation if you know how, it makes it much easier for those who want to help out with your problem.

I would try erasing your current keyboard profile in the bluetooth panel and have your computer detect it again and set another profile up. I've had the "disconnected" problem happen to me every once in a while, it will always connect again by itself, or it will do so if i press the power button at the side of the keyboard and the green light lights up.

7. glossywhite macrumors 65816

glossywhite

You may want to try checking for a bluetooth firmware update, in addition to doing what the other members have suggested. I have the 2007 aluminium wireless Keyboard (or is it keyBORED :D) and it works flawlessly.

I'd exhaust all software/firmware & battery remedies, before blaming the keyboard itself. Apple are not known for poor quality products, and if something were built to a low standard, those traits would surely have exhibited themselves after two years, and the problem would have been fixed.