Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse and Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by .fred, Nov 28, 2007.

1. .fred macrumors regular

Hi.

I'm planning to buy a wireless mouse and keyboard. I have a few questiions, though. Does the keyboard have usb ports? does the keyboard run by batteries?

2. CMD is me macrumors 6502

I don't know about the new alu version, but the last gen white keyboard uses AA batteries and has no USB port. The batteries seem to last long (similar to a remote -- each keystroke has less juice than say your TV remote. Of course, you probably don't push your TV remote buttons 80 time/minute either). I'm still on my second set of batteries after 6 months, but don't use mine much -- actually are interested in it, PM me. The mouse seems to use batteries quicker, but then again I used it more... duh. (oh, and I'm keeping the mouse!)

Additionally, if you're looking at the new alu version, be sure to try it out. I did and didn't like the laptop key feel of them. I'm use to conventional keys. They do look cool however.

3. goldenlotus macrumors regular

The wireless keyboard does not have any usb ports. It runs off three aaa baterries. Apple includes the first set, three high quality energizers. The batery life is much better than previous wireless mice I've had, mine's been going strong on the first set of batteries for three months now with no signs of quitting. I use a wired mouse and wireless keyboard. I love not having the numeric pad in my way!