Apple won't let me buy an iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skafia, Oct 10, 2014.

1. skafia, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014

skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

I have a line that was not eligible for an upgrade (within a week but AT&T did not let me slide this time), so I preordered an iPhone 6 full price during launch. This was also a good trial period for me as I was unsure of how the increased size would impact my experience.

I used it for about a week and returned it, then confirmed with AT&T that the line has been released for full upgrade. It's been about 7 full days now, and Apple's site still says there is an existing iPhone order associated to that line and I can't purchase (with upgrade price). I've been on the phone with Apple & AT&T almost every day and they are both pointing fingers at each other. My support ticket has been escalated and /hopefully/ I can purchase an iPhone 6 soon.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. cornerexit macrumors regular

Your own fault. Why not wait until you are eligible for an upgrade instead of doing this silly ****?

3. evaporateddwarf macrumors regular

+1

This was stupid. What makes it worse, is why didn't you keep the phone, and then just cancel your expiring contract? Requires one "changed my number" mass text, and you're done.

4. skafia thread starter macrumors 6502

skafia

Because I wanted the iPhone the very first day.

----------

Keep the phone at the full price?

5. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

6. cornerexit macrumors regular

And what difference would that make today? None. You are just too impatient and "I have to have it FIRST!"

Like I said, your own fault. Just incessant whining now.

I would NEVER purchase at full price anyway, but doing it a week or two, or whatever, before you're eligible is just idiocracy.

7. Ray Brady macrumors 6502

Why not? You're going to end up spending the same amount for it in the long run. If you had the phone you wanted when you wanted it, why bother returning it?

It seems to me you're drastically overcomplicating things here.

8. skafia thread starter macrumors 6502

skafia

Oh, this whole time I though it was your fault. I'll continue to whine, it'll bring more ad impressions to MacRumors.

----------

Ok, I can't do it now as it is returned. Next time, I will definitely do that and not overcomplicate things, drastically.

9. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

LOL at some people in this thread saying you are impatient for wanting the iPhone the first day!

I swear 90% of this forum is the same exact way and will do anything to get it the first day!

I'm not sure why you buying it for full price has anything to do with your upgrade though?

10. skafia thread starter macrumors 6502

skafia

I guess with AT&T you can only have 1 iPhone purchase on any existing line, even if it is a full priced purchase.

11. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Oh okay. Well I buy every single iPhone at full price. Every year. Contracts are terrible and so is that loan payment called AT&T next.

I have AT&T though. By returning that phone shouldn't everything reset pretty quickly ? That's how it is for me when I call and speak to a manager.

Did you return the iPhone at the store or AT&T website?

I returned an iPhone 6 plus from apples website to the store and it took a week to credit back my credit card.

12. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I have no doubt that you will continue to whine, but I don't see how that will help your situation.

13. skafia thread starter macrumors 6502

skafia

Is whining supposed to ever help any situation? LOL. The point of this thread was to ask "Has anyone else experienced this?" in which you would either say "Yes, I have", or skip this thread and carry on with your day.

Either way, we're both increasing ad impressions for MacRumors.

14. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

just go buy another iPhone 6 at full price until your upgrade status is cleared!

15. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

If you had posted something closer to "Has anyone else experienced this?" instead of "Apple won't let me buy an iPhone 6" as your subject title you would have very different responses here. It is your suggestion that Apple is purposefully doing you wrong that makes you come off as whiny and annoying. I would keep that in mind next time you post.

That said, another user suggested ordering from ATT. I would look into that as well.

16. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Worst-case, you could buy the T-mobile contract free version from Apple and it will work on AT&T. Then you can use your existing AT&T SIM, and it won't matter what AT&T will let you buy or not buy.