Apple won't let me exchange iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xPurpleblob, Jun 29, 2011.

1. xPurpleblob macrumors regular

Well I had a screen bleeding issue so I exchanged it for another one. However, that one also had the bleeding issue. ( it was an hour after I noticed.) so I went back to replace it again and asked for the manager since the employee said " this is a one time thing, we cannot replace it for you again."
    Frustrated, i just asked for my original iPad that I had. Should I go check out another apple store or did they make a new policy for bleeding iPads? My 14 day exchange period ends July 1.

Edit: Or does the 14 day exchange even matter?

2. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Apparently it is one exchange or a refund now.

3. xPurpleblob thread starter macrumors regular

Can anyone confirm this?

4. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Search the forum, lots of people have reached the same end with Apple wrt bleeding.

5. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

I think this is a supply/demand issue for Apple. Most people (myself included) find the light leak issue to be completely and totally inconsequential, and will be perfectly happy with the iPad we buy. (or have bought)

A handful of people however, take major issue with it (and have posted their stories online). They demand that Apple, or whatever store they purchase the item at, allow them to open up multiple packages until they find one they are satisfied with. These stores then cannot sell these now unsealed iPads to customers who would likely be perfectly satisfied.

They have few in stock to begin with, so wasting all of them in this manner is simply not realistic for a product that is in such high demand.

6. blarivee macrumors 6502

Well, Apple can always resell the returned brown box iPads as returns or brown boxes. Besides it's not much different if the customer keeps returning opened brand new iPads and reorder/buy again (except for the wait if you order it online).

7. thekb macrumors 6502a

This is reasonable. You can't seriously expect a company to let you open box after box without limit until you find the mystical, magical bleed-free ipad, can you? Exchange once, then offer a refund seems reasonable to me.