• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

chillip

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
This may be unreasonable of me but I went into apple to get them to check my battery and they said they would only replace it if it was less than 80% health. It's at 85. Is there anything I can do except do it myself?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Not really. It's Apple's policy and has always been this way. You could try allowing the phone to go completely dead, then re-charge, but the chances are it's simply normal degradation.

Comment

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
This may be unreasonable of me but I went into apple to get them to check my battery and they said they would only replace it if it was less than 80% health. It's at 85. Is there anything I can do except do it myself?

Pay them $79.

Comment

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
Wasting your time and money as you will see little to no difference as you new battery was likely only 90-95%.

Try to relax and just enjoy your phone. In another year when it falls even lower, spend the $79 and get a new battery.

Chances are you will be looking at the new iPhone 6:D

Comment

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida

You read the battery replacement warranty, so why do you think you can get it replaced above 80% ? Doesn't make sense unless you are attempting to get something for free when you are not titled to it.

Comment

iRepairParts

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
California
Its unfortunate that Apple won't help you out with this issue. You could either pay them the $79 to get it replaced, go to a third party shop (trusted), or order the part and have a DIY project:)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.