Apple wont replace my iphone please help!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by YungMoola94, Jun 4, 2012.

1. YungMoola94, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012

YungMoola94 macrumors regular

Ok so 1 week ago I sent in my iPhone 4s for a repair. After 3 days I called apple and they said that they sent the phone back unrepaired. They said they found the inside of the phone was tampered with. I told them that I didn't do that but they said they had pictures. After calling numerous number of times trying to explain them that i didn't do it I finally gave up and today I received the iPhone and the screen of the iphone has a crack on it as well as the back also the home button does not work at all. I called them and after holding for most of the time the senior advisor told me that they did not ship the phone cracked. The guy said it could've been during shiping and that they are going to investigate it with fedex and I should know whats going to happen within 10 days. So basically my question is what do you guys think will happen will they replace my phone or just give me some BS explanation.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You will just have to let the situation run its course and see
    Stay calm and deal with them courteously, but firmly, and escalate as needed

3. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

What was the original problem you sent it in for? Did you send it to Apple or an authorized repair place?

4. YungMoola94 thread starter macrumors regular

I sent in the phone because the home button would sometimes not work and the battery life wasn't that great. I sent it into Apple.

5. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

Great advise. Don't forget to write down names and times.

6. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

I had the same issues with my previous iPhone 4 and when taking it into the Apple store I had it replaced the same day. I would NEVER mail any electronic device in unless im returning it for whatever reason,a nd if I did I would send that thing first class if possible. Im guessing there are no Apple stores near you, if there is one in the next town I would def drive out there next time

7. YungMoola94 thread starter macrumors regular

8. dotme macrumors 6502a

You can sue anyone you like. Doesn't mean you'll win, of course.

Your 4S should be within the one year warranty period on a home button. If tampered with, that would void the warranty however maybe you'll find someone at Apple willing to offer you an out-of-warranty replacement.

9. YungMoola94 thread starter macrumors regular

They offered me the $200 for a replacement offer but I refuse to pay $200 when I didn't even open the phone or tamper it

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its your word against theirs.
    Somewhere in the middle is the truth.
    Im sure Apple doesnt make things up in order not to fix or replace customers devices under warranty. They go above and beyond when it comes to customer service.
    If they have pics to show proof that the phone was opened up and messed with then they have no obligation to fix it. You say you didnt, someone maybe did but it didnt happen on its own right?

11. YungMoola94 thread starter macrumors regular

When they call me back I am going to ask for photo

12. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

$200 seems like a good deal. You sure no one tampered with it?

13. YungMoola94 thread starter macrumors regular

YES I AM 100% POSITIVE. I DID NOT open the phone or tamper with it