Apple Working on 'Are You Sleeping' TV Show Starring Octavia Spencer

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Heat_Fan89 macrumors regular

Would be nice if they put their energies towards designing a new Mac mini instead of lame TV shows.

2. millerlite macrumors member

millerlite

I just don't go to Apple MUSIC to watch shows. I'm sure I'm not alone when I ask how would I even find such a show? Do I open Music on my phone or Apple TV? So dumb. Just buy Netflix and get it over with.

3. sevvere Suspended

sevvere

Apple is no longer a technology company, it is a fashion company wanting to be a movie studio.

4. PG(Austin) macrumors regular

PG(Austin)

Both projects sound RIVITING! (sarcasm)

5. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

Where does it say that this is meant for Apple Music? If it hasn’t been clear enough, the Apple TV App is being groomed for exactly this kind of content. Right now, Apple has been showing its own content like CarPlay Karaoke in the Tv app alongside third party content. At some point, Apple will have enough of its own content ready to be able to charged a subscription or consolidate the Apple Music and Apple TV subscription into one but each app would show its appropriate content.

6. miniyou64 macrumors 6502

miniyou64

I remember when Steve Jobs talked about having such a small number of products in their lineup so they could be laser focused on quality. Cook’s Apple just wants to dilute itself to be like every other company. Ugh.

7. gatearray macrumors 65816

So a sex scandal involving one of their celebrities can bring down the whole company one day, of course!

8. jjhny macrumors regular

jjhny

I'll say it for those of us languishing out here - build the new Mac Pro! Sheesh! A small home brew company could get a workstation put together faster.

Apple, as a media production company, has no interest to me whatsoever. Cable is already a thousand-channel wasteland.

And I have the phones and pads because of their build quality - good hardware is very important in this world - and a stupid TV show would never make me buy a piece of hardware.

Soon Ford and Cuisinart will be producing content. Ha!

9. Rob_2811 macrumors 68000

Apparently is a docudrama focussing on Eddie Cues attempts to put together Apples TV streaming service.

10. Greymacuser macrumors regular

Greymacuser

Glad to see that Apple is putting their money and efforts towards something worthwhile.
    Wouldn't want them to waste their resources on a professional desktop or anything useful. *facepalm*

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's not like they don't have more than enough money and resources for both and quite a bit more. And it's not like the same people or organizations would be involved in these different efforts to somehow have one affect the other in some way. Facepalm indeed.

12. Shunnabunich macrumors regular

Shunnabunich

Hey, at least they'd still end up with Octavia Spencer! :p

[​IMG]

13. Biu_miu macrumors newbie

Sorry for asking, but can someone explain, what the hell is with all these Apple TV shows?
    I get "radio" shows- I can open Apple Music, find Beats radio and listen to them. I mean..I don't do that, but could in theory.
    But these Apple "sitcoms" or something like that...where could I watch them? Are the out? Is there any one, mutual platform for them? I haven't seen any more information beyond "Apple releasing some television content with some celebrity" . Will they be on Apple TV app? On youtube? On Comedy Central?

14. simonmet macrumors 68000

simonmet

15. Peperino macrumors regular

Peperino

They should stop trying to copy Netflix, and go back to design computer hardware, since lately it seems that they forgot what it is!!

16. jeremiah256 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah256

It would take about 60% of their offshore funds (which they may repatriate due to the new tax bill). We'll see, but if so, it'll be after Disney has completed eating Fox.

17. MistrSynistr macrumors 6502a

Apple has been in development with 500 ideas and has released/produced zero of them except that GOOFY Car Karaoke thing that was a ONE OFF youtube video that you do not make a show from. It only works when you "think" it's not staged. lol. How dumb.

18. Greymacuser macrumors regular

Greymacuser

Considering that all macs have been found to be compromised with two critical bugs, inferior thermal management, no professional desktops for over a decade, no real post-Jobs innovation and a price point that's stuck in the 1980's...yeah, facepalms all around.

Don't get me wrong. I like Mac Os. That's the only reason I still use a mac. I've been using them since '92. It disgusts me that Apple is focusing more attention in their computer company towards frivolous activities rather than actually making computers. If they're not going to bother with real tech anymore, then just sell the OS out of Apple and allow third party manufacturers to make their own mac hardware.

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

This doesn't take away from any of that. (And what compromising critical bugs are we talking about?)

20. jeremiah256 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah256

Like it or not, Apple shifted from being a pure computer company in 2007, when Steve Jobs dropped it and the iPhone was introduced.

21. C DM macrumors Westmere

With iPods being quite a big thing some years before that, Apple wasn't a pure computer company for at least a little while before the iPhone.

22. cmaier, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018

cmaier macrumors G4

I feel like Sony is a better fit. Then they can get the sensor business in addition to the studio, and Sony makes by far the best imaging sensors. And an iOS-based ps5 might be fun ;)

23. Greymacuser macrumors regular

Greymacuser

24. C DM macrumors Westmere

Nice to shift the blame on Apple somehow when it's a processor issue that affects all kinds of manufacturers and Apple has actually been on the ball already addressing some parts of it that they could and working on more. If that was spun any harder to make it some sort of an Apple issue that Apple isn't dealing with the Earth would have probably spun out of its orbit.