Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple world travel adapter kit been updated yet?

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
The adapter kit works great, but if you are only going to a country with one plug variation it's overkill. Buy an adapter at the local hardware store. In many countries you won't even need one in the hotel any more.

Comment

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
Either it has been updated (which would be my guess), in which case you're fine, or it hasn't been, in which case you can walk into any Apple Store or AASP and have the affected plug(s) exchanged on the spot.

There's no gamble.

Comment

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
Either it has been updated (which would be my guess), in which case you're fine, or it hasn't been, in which case you can walk into any Apple Store or AASP and have the affected plug(s) exchanged on the spot.

There's no gamble.
I had to get my adapters updated through phone support as none of the area Apple stores carried replacement parts. Apple shipped them out free of charge and let me simply throw away the bad ones however.

Comment

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Well considering they DID a recall and it was 5 Months ago I doubt they are still selling the old versions...... I mean doesn't take much to assume this.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.