Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
No! Not Phil please! I know he is a great guy and he is very good at what he does...technical stuff. But I don't really feel anything from him emotionally. Apple needs a keynote speaker who inspires us and Phil doesn't do that. What about Jonathan Ives? He has the ability to see the future just like Jobs does and whenever I see him speak in an iPod promo he I really feel like he believes in what he is doing. I'd love to see him take over.

mickhyperion

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2004
It's playing well for me now, after a lot of trouble yesterday even as late as 1am PST. So either the demand is less now or they've cranked up the power or both. Nice to finally see it.

xPismo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
California.
FriarTuck said:
Anybody else pick up some canned applause lingering after the real stuff at a couple of points in the keynote?

If so... that is mega lame.

Yes and yes. I have never heard that before in a Stevenote. Hopefully its covering a heckler or other audio problems, but I'm beginning to doubt it as I watch more.

The stream keeps breaking up about half way so I'll reserve judgement until I see the rest but ewww. :(

MacSedgley

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2006
London, UK
Phil Schiller is a terrible presenter, perhaps he's a nice bloke.

Watching it in the UK at around 11.30pm last night, it quit out after about half an hour, and the quality was a little choppy before then.

Why did they decide to present the MacPro before the OSX leopard stuff? Maybe cos they didn't want to wheel Phil Schiller on at the end?

With regards to Jobs looking ill, lets face it, he works hard, and he's knocking on a bit now. Must have been a pretty hectic period shifting over to a different chip.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
I can't believe they are STILL backed up. Stop watching it everyone! :p

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 157

Jeffrey903

macrumors member
May 27, 2006
I don't think that it's backed up anymore. Just use a different browser to click on the button. I was able to successfully watch it with few hiccups about an hour ago.

Also - I have pretty much given up downloading the keynote as HiDownload gets about 10MB in and then thinks its done and just stops. I also tried Net Transport and Stream Down and those don't work either.

_Matt

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2005
It's streaming perfectly for me right now. It seems as though Apple has placed a limit on the number of viewers at any given time due to the message that pops up. This wasn't a bad keynote at all. :p

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
It really is starting to get very annoying.

Last night I could watch about 30 mins before I lost the connection. Now I have tried it twice, and after about 15 mins it's all gone. :mad:

Trying to download the whole stream via HiDownload, but..... also keeps stopping after a couple of MB's. :(

I wonder who has been able to download it completely yet. And even so this person has to generate a torrent fils orso.

bowens

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
Florida
I can't get the video to play at all. I have been trying all day. I have also tried downloading with the suggested programs and they don't even start. This sucks.

britishempire

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2006
Yeah, Jobs didn't seem as on-the-ball as usual. But give the guy a break, he's a busy man and he's had major surgery in the not-too-distant past, he's bound to have his ups and downs.

A friend of mine has been undergoing treatment for cancer over the last 18 months and most of the time she's fine... Sometimes she has a rough patch like we all do every now and then, it just affects people a little harder when they're in a delicate state to start with.

Steve's fine, I'm sure he'll be back on top form for the next keynote. And if not, well... That sucks, but he's gonna have to stop someday :p

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
I watched it yesterday, but it was off can on.

Phil is a really nice guy and I like him, but I don't like him as a presenter. I was SJ did the whole thing. However I don't think he was ready, and that have the other 3 help were a last minute thing which is why they were all kind of off.

Haveing that french guy talking about vista was a really bad choise. I could not understand what he was saying.

I also did not like it when Jobs was reading what to do.

Hopefully Paris will make up for these things.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
bowens said:
I can't get the video to play at all. I have been trying all day. I have also tried downloading with the suggested programs and they don't even start. This sucks.

I got it to work but the lipsync went wonky. They relly need to release it via iTunes as pod cast

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
DJMastaWes said:
I watched it yesterday, but it was off can on.

Phil is a really nice guy and I like him, but I don't like him as a presenter. I was SJ did the whole thing. However I don't think he was ready, and that have the other 3 help were a last minute thing which is why they were all kind of off.

Haveing that french guy talking about vista was a really bad choise. I could not understand what he was saying.

I also did not like it when Jobs was reading what to do.

Hopefully Paris will make up for these things.

I'm totally with you on the french dude, also is eyes looked shifty, could have just been a poor stream, but him and Phil just looked to anxious on stage... Phil was much more suited to the iChat lol

But SJ reading the notes, you gotta bear in mind that was an 1.5hour presentation, and with the busy schedule he has, you gotta cut him some slack.

Finally the other dude, can't remeber his name who helped to present OSX.5, Time Machine etc, I actually thought he was very good, and I got a good vibe from him, he felt so into everything he was doing and showing, now whether thats because he's a good presenter or whtther he is truly into Apples, well lets hope its the latter if SJ steps down, I think he gots the ambition to push Apple along...

But long live the king!

Cheers

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Leondunkleyc said:
I just noticed that if you open the stream in your browser and slect the drop down menu, there's a pro option (which I don't have) to "Save as quicktime movie". Does that work for anyone with pro, or will it just save a link to the stream on your computer?

The latter in this case unfortunately.

QuickTime Pro usually gives you the option to download video content of the web, but these keynote streams are made in such a way that you can't save the entire movie. You download a part of it (cache), then you play that part, and after playing it, the cache gets deleted. And then the next part, and the next.... and so on.

To download the enitre movie stream, you need somekind of app that let's you save the cache.

I don't know why Apple doesn't podcast it, or make it downloadable..... but they are really doing their best to prevent it being downloaded.

IIRC not one Steve-note was made available by Apple. There are "alternative sources" to get them, but nothing legal....

BrianPeppers

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2006
Toledo, OH
MacsRgr8 said:
The latter in this case unfortunately.

QuickTime Pro usually gives you the option to download video content of the web, but these keynote streams are made in such a way that you can't save the entire movie. You download a part of it (cache), then you play that part, and after playing it, the cache gets deleted. And then the next part, and the next.... and so on.

To download the enitre movie stream, you need somekind of app that let's you save the cache.

I don't know why Apple doesn't podcast it, or make it downloadable..... but they are really doing their best to prevent it being downloaded.

IIRC not one Steve-note was made available by Apple. There are "alternative sources" to get them, but nothing legal....

Well I do not have broadband in my apartment (only here for 3 months) and a DSL connection is out of the question due to it being a serviced apartment. I tried hi-download but it streams @ 6kb/s and stops around 40mb!!

Would be a great help if somebody rips this and make it available via bit torrent!

bowens

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
Florida
I still can't play the video. This is pissing me off. Are that many people still watching this thing?

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
bowens said:
I still can't play the video. This is pissing me off. Are that many people still watching this thing?

Well, you sure are trying to so I would guess others are. I would guess many people are rewinding parts, reviewing parts, and some like tried to wait until most had viewed it like you- It is good that so many people are trying to watch this thing- but isn't good apple can't keep up with demand on their servers/bandwidth I finally got to watch it yesterday and actually had to keep rewinding parts as I missed things when my kids woudl come up to me and chat about something.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Finally.. finally... finally....

I was able to watch it fully in one go @ 30 fps!!! :)

I liked the Keynote very much. So much better to actually see what happened...

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
If anyone has this downloaded would you PLEASE post it somewhere or make a torrent for us. Many of us want to watch this over and over again with out having to be online.

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
The Keynote is available for download at Expowiki.org/forum just register and get the password then the entire collection is free :) Brought to you by the guys who use to own AppleKeynotes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.