Apple, you did it AGAIN!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HBOC, Mar 17, 2011.

1. HBOC macrumors 68020

Ok, so first Apple replaces my early 08' Penryn 2.5GHZ MBP with a Quad 2.2 i7 on 2/24. I had opted for the Matte screen on my old one, but the one they exchanged for me was glossy, but I wasn't going to too nit picky as I felt as if I won the lottery!

Anyways i went back in there for some software problem (apparently an update is coming sooner than later) with my TIFF files. While I was in there I asked them if it was possible that i could pay the difference and get a Matte screen as that is what I had on my old one. The genius looked at my history and indeed agreed that I should've been given a machine with the Matte screen, but would have to get approval on how to go about it, either order a BTO or just swap screens.

Well I get a call last night and he told me that they ordered a Matte screen and will swap me! That is crazy good service if you ask me! So I am assuming my current screen will be used on a refurb or something?

Anyways just wanted to go against the current and post a thread on how AppleCare works and that Apple DOES take care of its' customers.

2. vmachiel macrumors 68000

3. rmitchell248 macrumors 6502

4. koruki macrumors 6502a

koruki

wow I guess you won't be leaving the MBP range for a while with this level of serive lol.

5. ddehr026 macrumors 6502

That's awesome, why did they replace your old one?

6. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

This is actually rather typical of Apple, I've found. It's a stupendous company in all respects, customer service not the least of it.

7. frocco macrumors 6502

frocco

8. canucksfan88 macrumors 6502a

canucksfan88

just make sure everything works with your mac after they do the screen swap. i brought mine in and since they changed the screens, it hasnt been the same. they actually screwed up my hinge and it needed to be fixed. and when they were swapping the screens they misaligned the logic board ports with the ports on the case....it was not fun going back so many times

9. Jmouse macrumors 6502

^^ Consider seriously, have them swap your laptop for another one with Matt screen.

I gave up fixing my New mbp because i do not want to take thsoe RISKS.

You risk your machine being not 100% cosmetic wise with repairs.

seriously think about it. its not worth it say after the screen was swapped , you found out one of hinge has dents or the top casing have a tiny small gap or something.

But if you dont mind those i guess just go and replace it.

10. Benjamins macrumors 6502a

those genius at Apple store are usually super nice.

11. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Lucky you. I hope if my MacBook ever craps out I get similar service.

12. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

I don't think Apple will swap the screen only. I'm willing to bet that they'll just swap the whole machine. :)

Congrats. :)

13. advan031 macrumors 6502

14. tcador macrumors regular

15. HBOC thread starter macrumors 68020

My logicboard failed a month after I got it new, and then went bad in December. They replaced the LB, the lower case, the screen and keyboard. It was starting to act up again after a few weeks and they swapped me a new one.

See I had my old Matte screen replaced with a brand new one, as my old one had "pressure points" as they called it. When I got it back, it was FABULOUS and looked brand new!

I thought that is what they would've done as it seems the most "cost effective" way, but apparently they think not. In any case, I am happy that I will have a Matte screen again (and hi-res I guess? )

16. HBOC thread starter macrumors 68020

And today I received my refund from my unused AppleCare from my old computer. $119.50 for 8 months of unused AC, crazy. I paid $239 for it.

17. Benjamins macrumors 6502a

it's almost like you made money from this whole thing LOL

18. HBOC thread starter macrumors 68020

Well it may seem like it, but I had to go through a ton of repairs and lots of time being w/o any computer. Still just cannot believe the service Apple provides.

19. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I'd love it if someone offered an insurance service where you get a replacement MacBook while they fix yours. I had to wait a good few weeks for mine to get fixed. Lucky I bought a Vaio in the summer (biggest waste of money ever) and I could use that whilst the MBP was having it's screen fixed. Must be a nightmare if you don't have another computer.

Maybe I'll look into setting that company up.

20. HBOC thread starter macrumors 68020

I think that Apple offers that and I think it is called Joint Venture or something, but it is like $400 a year or something. It is aimed at businesses (small i presume)..i saw an advertisement for it in the Apple Store last time I was there