Apple: "**** you simple20, ****-you" ????

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by simple20, Aug 24, 2010.

1. simple20 macrumors regular

Jun 26, 2010
    Hello friends.

Has anybody else gotten the 'not qualified for apple case program' message? I was a few days ago. I got my iphone4 2 weeks after launch. I log into the program every few days to see which cases are available, but now I get that response. Curious if anybody else is getting that and its an error, or if maybe there was a deadline I wasn't aware of.., could have sworn I had til sept 30. Or if I, alone, have gotten on Apple's 'sh** list'.
  2. Absolem macrumors regular

Jul 14, 2010
    why in the hell do you check out the cases every few days?

should of picked 1....
  3. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Jul 18, 2010
    Yes, there is a deadline

As stated on Apple's page about the case program (and mentioned in the keynote):

For iPhone 4 purchases made before July 23, 2010, you must apply no later than August 22, 2010; otherwise, you must apply within 30 days of your iPhone 4 purchase. To qualify for this program, you must purchase your iPhone 4 by September 30, 2010.
  4. simple20 thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 26, 2010
    Because my job has me move a lot. My current school has a variable grad date, and I don't find out where I'm moving for my next school until 3 days prior. Makes it hard to order something with a long wait for proposed shipping. Plus at one point, the pixelskin I wanted was 2-3months. Figured it was easier to wait until mid sept when I'm settled at my new place to order.

That really sucks that I missed out on this.
  5. Brandon Heat macrumors regular

Sep 14, 2008
    You can have mine... Just pay for shipping... I ordered a case but I really don't need it... Just got it cuz it was free... I think I ordered the snap case by incase?
  6. Brandon Heat macrumors regular

Sep 14, 2008
    By the way, I don't have it yet... Waiting on the shipment but I won't know when that is because they sent the confirmation email to my dead .Mac account...
  7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

Dec 28, 2009
    You really didn't miss out on much. The case selection at that time was so so. Yeah, it was a free case but I thought they could've had some better cases IMO. I don't even use mine (Fitted Tartan)
  8. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Nov 24, 2009
    Why would you wait this long to pick one? Can't really feel too sorry for you on this one. Procrastination usually doesnt pan out well.
  9. ender21 macrumors 6502

Jul 15, 2010
    Southern Cal
    He just stated the reason as being the long turnaround time for cases leading to his being at a new, undetermined address. Sounds reasonable enough to me. I can sympathize as the dates for eligibility are a bit cludgey. If you bought before one date then you have till another date, if you bought after one date then you have 30 days, blah blah. I was mistakenly under the impression that we had until 09/30, period.

In any event, simple20, I have an Apple branded Black Bumper I'll send you for shipping. So now you have an offer for an Incase Snap (my preferred case), and an Apple Bumper. :)
  10. 3lionsbecks Suspended

Jul 19, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    You probably could have had it shipped to your parents address if it was a major issue.

Also, I bet if you go into an Apple store they will help you out.
  11. ilovegoodnugz macrumors regular

Jun 29, 2010
    thats god telling you not to be such a
  12. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

Jul 26, 2010
    typical Mac rumor member crap, complain about everything

I love my free black bumper case

keeps the phone off the glass when j lie it down and adds zero bulk
  13. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

May 25, 2008
    Apple state
  14. simple20 thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 26, 2010
    Hey thanks guys! Yeah, I move tomorrow, and should know where I'm living hopefully by sunday, so I'll give apple a call and see if they'll work with me. It really wasn't procrastination, just bad timing. Really appreciate the offers for the cases fellas, but I don't want to take your cases. Appreciate it :)
  15. Block macrumors 6502a

Jun 28, 2007
    Call AppleCare, they might be able to help you out depending on who you get.
  16. rKunda macrumors 65816

Jul 14, 2008
    That's really nice of you.