Apple, you suck!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by caf9128, Mar 7, 2010.

1. caf9128 macrumors member

White Macbook--unable to get it to hook up to my new wireless printer the other night (a common problem). Tried the Lexmark install CD--computer, which had been running fine, hung up, wouldn't install the Lexmark app. Later, rebooted, and computer won't get past blue screen. Tried all the usual key combos, battery discharge, resets, etc. Still nothing.

OK, people make fun of Windows Vista, but I have three PCs running at home on Vista (one actually upgraded to 7, now) that have NEVER had a glitch like that, never a blue screen, they've just run flawlessly. Even though two years old, they play BluRays, they have HDMI connectors which hook up easily to everything else (where have you been for the last two years while the ENTIRE AV world has gone with HDMI, Apple?). One has a built in digital TV tuner which lets me watch hi def TV in a window on the screen, serves as a great DVR (free program guide downloaded automatically) and serves up video perfectly to my home theater in another part of the house. That computer has twin built in hard drives which back up all my data automatically, and is screamingly fast with 8 GB of RAM. It cost $800.

On the other hand, of my three Macbooks, two have had serious issues. Besides the above, we have a black Macbook, which had repeated crashing issues and overheating. The white Macbook case has also had the cracking issue along the front edge, the yellow discoloration issue, and the hinge has lost its resistance, so that it doesn't hold its position well. And of course, you could never tilt it back past 80 degrees anyway, like most laptops. It looks like crap after just 2 years, and it's reliability is poor.

Rant over. We are all suckers for buying Apple's overpriced, overhyped crap with Apple's stupid outdated proprietary connectors. I mean, do people actually believe the BS that comes out of Steve Job's mouth? Watching his iPad intro recently it just occured to me that he's a BS'ing huckster. I mean, there's NOTHING original about the iPad, but Steve is up there pretending like it's the next big thing.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

tl;dr
    Your little rant isn't going to help you. I get that it's awesome to try and start some silly argument online but this thread should be shut down because it's likely not going to go far.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Tut, tut, quite a little tantrum there

Nobody is forced to buy Apple... move along

4. caf9128 thread starter macrumors member

OK, made an appointment online to visit the "Genius" at the Apple store this morning. My wife took it in; she's the one who uses the computer most of the time. The Genius determined that the computer had a software "glitch"; and told her it might help to update from Leopard to Snow Leopard.

So we got the Snow Leopard install started OK from the disc and left the computer alone. Install seemed to be going OK, then after 30 minutes: INSTALLATION FAILED !! That's great; a partial installation is oftentimes a nightmare.

In the meantime, my wife has been using Windows 7 today, which she had not really used before. Her comment: "Wow, this really IS nice, isn't it?

And anyway, to the guy (girl) who said this thread should be locked down-you're really the kind of closed minded fangirl that give Mac users a bad name. Heaven forbid that we should talk about the weaknesses of Apple--let's ban any such talk! Only happy talk, please! We prefer to live in a world where (in our minds) our Macs are superior to all else!

5. Queso macrumors G4

Maybe you could amend your posting style to something a little less confrontational. I mean, "Apple, you suck!!"? :rolleyes:

Then you do this...

Both my iMac and my MacBook Pro (with its bog standard USB, firewire and DVI connectors) work perfectly. You are having problems sure, but does that instantly turn my perfectly-running computers into "overpriced, overhyped crap"? I think not.

Have fun running Windows won't you. I suspect that after two years you'll be posting on some other forum slagging off whatever other manufacturer whose kit you bought, but what you spend your time and money on is up to you.

Ciao amico

6. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

WOW!!! You've got a LOT of computers at your house.. Not that there's anything wrong with that- 6 (that you mentioned anyway) might not be overkill for everyone..

As far as your rant goes, that's too bad.. I've actually found that getting my macs up & printing wirelessly was MUCH easier than performing the same task on my PC.. The macs have always done the work for me while the PC made me jump thru hoop after hoop after hoop till I finally gave up.. Ended up just having to do all printing duties from the mac until the PC finally got unplugged due to inactivity.. Go figure..

7. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I couldn't get Lexmark's Wireless printers (X series) to work with either the 13inch 2009 MBP or a 15inch 2007 MBP. They have stupid chips on them anyway I discovered and you can't refill them. Dumped it last month and went for a non-wireless Canon with refillable ink carts.

8. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Snow Leopard can pick up from a partial install and finish the install.

Lexmark and Apple don't really really have good compatibility. Lexmark sucks anyways.

9. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

The first time I tried printing through my HP connected to an airport express my macbook installed the drivers without prompting me for anything and did the print perfectly the first time and every time since. My acer on the other hand has a terrible time printing through the express, namely with start-and-stop printing that results in it taking five minutes to do a single page. :confused:

10. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

You got all that from one post?

"We're all suckers for buying Apple's overpriced, overhyped crap with Apple's stupid outdated proprietary connectors."

The only sucker here is you, the rest of us are happy with our purchases. Thanks for visiting, please, don't stay.

11. Surely Guest

Surely

So..... how much does MS pay you for this ingenious ad campaign? It's working well.....:rolleyes:

12. mjsmke macrumors 6502a

Every computer, Apple or Microsoft based will probably have a problem at some point.

I personally cant use windows...I always crash it. it's just because im so use to OSX. Your obviously more use to Windows and dont have the experience on OSX. If you stuck on the blue screen after installing something, reformat and dont install it again. Simple.

Also, im not trying to start an argument, but why does anyone need 6 computers in their home? Maybe someone has no clue how to maintain a computer.

13. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    dunno Trollster, BUT
    I have 3 Mac's able to print to 4 HP's (2 Laser,2 Inkjet) and 2 Canon Photo printers, each computer found em all FIRST time:eek:
    Maybe you are inept:eek:
    I'm 62, whats you age

14. inkswamp macrumors 68030

inkswamp

I routinely use Windows and Mac OS X in my daily life and admin a mix of both where I work. Both platforms have ups and downs but without any doubt, the downs on the Mac are not as deep as on Windows. Macs are also a helluva lot easier to troubleshoot as well and have way fewer hardware issues. That's not to say I hate Windows, but given my choice between platforms, it's a no-brainer.

The great news for you is that even if you got a real hardware issue, you can take it into an Apple store and get top notch service for it (try that in the PC world.) Even if it's not under warranty, you'll still get great service for whatever problem you're having. You should try it. Ranting and raving on a Mac user message forum isn't going to do anything but make you feel worse and cause everyone here to assume you're a troll.

15. vistadude macrumors 65816

Most people read the features of any computer they buy and know the limitations. We know the video out on apple computers is limiting, we know they don't like having lots of usb ports, and we know they won't read blue ray movies. We also know windows computers are compatible with more devices and gadgets.

In the end, you have to buy computers on what they are, not all the hype that might come out in the future. The printer issue you are having is specific to Lexmark. Most other printers are simple to connect to a mac OR a pc.

16. gerabbi macrumors regular

Lexmark may be the culprit in the printing department at least, their print drivers for Apple products have been hit and miss in the past, at least from my experience.

The cracking on the Poly Whitebook is a known issue that any Apple store should repair for free, again from my experience.

17. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

A guy that talks like this deserves to own a Windows machine and run Vista, lol.

Leave us suckers alone to play with our over-priced Mac's, LOL.

I switched my whole company over to Mac's, spent close to $100,000 on Apple computers in 2009 ... that's after 15 years of PC and Windows hell.

Thanks for the laugh!

PS - You probably missed the simplest step to connect your peripherals but your temper is clouding rational thinking.

18. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

My MacBook 6:1 has had a few issues,even the stuck on the blue screen before the login screen,but other than that,it works great.I have no complaints at all.So worth a 1000 bucks,I mean,so you see consumer laptops's with DDR3 ram?Nope,2.26Ghz Core 2 Duo's?Nope dual single core AMD processors,which suck a majority of the time,I mean,I'm not a Apple fanboy,I still use a HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate,which was a grand is is only a 2Ghz core 2 Duo and 3 GB DDR2,and Intel integrated compared to my MB's Nvidea Geforce with 256MB DDR3,better than the 1GB integrated that takes away from the 3GB in it already and has worse graphics than my MB.I'm a hardware man and Mac is the best and majority top of the line hardware out there.

19. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

I love how the 'fangirl' who pointed out you need to calm the **** down is the crazy, foaming-at-the-mouth fangirl, while the windows user who is making ****ing pointless topics like "Apple, you suck!!' is completely sane and called for. Stupidity is contagious :confused::rolleyes:

20. duky macrumors 6502

LOL! I love that and just had to share my joy from reading that. I know I contributed nothing to this thread but since the OP doesn't seem to be asking anything so much as just blowing off steam I don't think the thread needs much contributing to. I love me Macs!

21. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I wish i could run macs at our office :(

22. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Don't call Mac buyers suckers in a mac forum, don't expect for any help like that, my printer works great wirelessly