Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vaultwit, Sep 22, 2014.

1. vaultwit macrumors regular

Who's bright idea was it to replace the iOS 6 weather widget in the notification center with text based weather info that reads out weather information in complete sentences? If you remember, the weather widget used to be a rectangular section that showed the current, hi, and lo temps, along with a visual of the current weather state.

Now it has sentences. "Sunny currently. The high will be 85°. Clear tonight with a low of 62°." I thought the point of this widget was to give quick weather info at a glance. Who wants to read sentences?! Also, the information presented is not always consistent. Notice in the above example, the current temperature is not given.

Am I the only one that thinks Apple goofed on this one? I know there are third party widgets out there, but they are not as clean looking as an Apple widget would be.

EDIT: Ok wise guys. Somehow the thread got posted before I finished typing on the title... It was supposed to read: "Apple's notification center weather widget"

2. apple.snapple macrumors regular

and the award for worst thread title goes to.....

3. vaultwit thread starter macrumors regular

Wow. Somehow the thread got posted before I finished typing on the title... It was supposed to read "Apple's notification center weather widget"

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Was thinking the same thing...