Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gandalf55

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2001
boston
& look for the release of G5 MP machines at Macworld NYC, running up to 16 procs in a sep. box from the main cpu! Man my pshop will rock then!

ElGreco

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2001
OS XV (spoke OS 15)

A friend of mine who works in Cupertino today sent me the brand new next generation Operating System which seems to be a golden master to be released on MWNY in summer. It's a tremendous piece of software. Let's describe what it does.

• Doesn't support keyboards anymore!!!
• I am actually able to speak with my Mac now. It does all I want to.
• Controls all my electronic devices in the houshold. Regardless if they are Airport-, Bluetooth- or Whatever-Ready.
• Answers all my incoming phone calls and manages my daily tasks - as my secretary did until today.
• With OS XV my Mac invites me to discussions on Kant's Cathegorical Imperative from time to time.
• It offered to drive my kids to school tomorrow morning.
• And it is f***ing my wife for two hours now!!!!!

We have to stop Steve from introducig this sytem on MWNY!!!!!!!

Later,
Greco ;)

Xistor

macrumors member
May 1, 2001
California
OS 10.0.3.0.0.0.1 spotted over Toronto!

YA, a secret intelligence operative of mine told me that 10.0.3.0.0.0.1 update will be shipping perhaps by July 4th to fix the July 2K problem. Technical support for the issue however is charged at the standard Microsoft $50 per incident by VISA or Mastercard. This update, code named "Barking Spider" should revolutionize the way the Finder crashes in response to an email virus. Hold onto your mice, this one's gonna burn the DSL lines!

Kela

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2001
US
OH my god!

Oh my god. Espionage into Apple indicates that OS 11 is in development. It will feature liquid interface so basically everything is in water and you swim into levels depper and deeper to obtain files. Also the need for keyboard will be eliminated. Apparently, the operating system will use THINKHUMAN technology so it will learn to adabt to its user's ways. So if the user farts a lot, the computer will release a gas known as 435O3. Apparently OS 11 will be available by the end of this week.

:)

- Kela

gandalf55

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2001
boston
OS ABACUS to be announced MWSF...

To allow far less power consumption in it's computational devices, Apple has developed OS ABACUS. All such devices that ship with this OS will come with a small stylus for performing bead manipulation on thin metal bars located on the face of those said machines.

"It's really cost-effective," said Steve Jobs to Nurse Bigknuckles of CNN, "just think about being able to use OS AB anywhere in the world, without a care about batteries! We have brought our vision of the digital hub to any remaining cavemen out there. I think it will catch on life nothing you've ever seen before. And we're really proud about this one."

"And repair can be done just about anywhere," he continued, "... I think even your local cobbler might be able to help you out."

hehehe

[Edited by gandalf55 on 06-09-2001 at 10:44 AM]

PowerUser86

macrumors member
May 14, 2001
Kobe, Japan
Still no update!!! Crap! (even though I don't have os X, I plan to buy an iBook before I hit the states, but not before the update comes out! Crap, Crap,Crap,Crap!!

ElGreco

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2001
Hey PowerUser, where is the logic in this thought? You might as well buy OSX or an iBook or whatever now. The update will install perfectly once it is available. It is only software - no hardware changes! So why should you consider waiting instead of buying it now - especially because the software update panel will install the update from anywhere in the world. Wherever you've got a connection to the web. And if it comes out on MWNY - still 10.0.3 will do the job almost perfectly.

Later,
Greco

PowerUser86

macrumors member
May 14, 2001
Kobe, Japan
Yeah, I know it's only hardware, but I just want to order it from apple now so that when I get to the states it's there waiting for me, and having the update pre-installed would be nice. that was all I was saying.

S

someone

I haven't been here in a while.... Looking at this, the source is obviously a fake. He even misspelled "emphasize." Likely on official corporate communication? I think not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.