Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prodrumdoktor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Hi to all.

I'm wondering if anybaody can help me with this.
I'm just about to order my first ever MAC- MacBook Pro !5'', and I'm wondering if I should get the AppleCare Protection Plan? It was recomendet (from the store I'm about to buy from) that I purchise it since it is a laptop?
anybody that has some experince with that? Does it help to have that, or is it just a ripoff? I'm...macs don't crash and dont cause any trouble, right?! :D
THANKS!! :)

prodrumdoktor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
I see you've ordered pretty much the same macbook as I'm about to order( I want the 3GB Ram though), so did you get the Protection plan?

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
I didn't know Apple does car insurance :p

Seriously, get it. I got it for mine, wouldn't be without some form of protection against something going wrong. I pay for mine to be insured too, but that's to do with the insurance company...

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006

Seriously, get it. I got it for mine, wouldn't be without some form of protection against something going wrong. I pay for mine to be insured too, but that's to do with the insurance company...
So you've got AppleCare and AppleCar then, eh?

prodrumdoktor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006

yeah...one letter got away from me... :D

anyway, thanks for the tip..I think I'll get it...a lot of people recommend that, so I guess its the smart think to do. :D

maverick808

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2004
Scotland
Get AppleCare, definitely worth it for a portable. I'd also strongly second the recommendation to insure your laptop. I insure mine as a named item on my house insurance, which also covers it outside the house anywhere in the world.

In my opinion, AppleCare AND insurance is a must for any Mac you frequently travel with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.