AppleCare+ 2 Replacements Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bushido, Nov 5, 2014.

1. bushido Suspended

bushido

So i finally bought my iPhone 6 today and I have a few questions in case i want to get AppleCare+ within the 60 days window.

As far as I know it includes 2 replacements within those 24 months (lets say i drop it by mistake and it breaks or the snow kills it). Now my question is ... lets say there is some issue with the iPhone that isnt my fault and has been a manufacture issue (screen, speaker, touchid issue whatever). Does this count towards the 2 replacements? It shouldnt right? cuz they would have replaced that even without AppleCare+

While I am at it, what if the charging cable breaks and i want to get that replaced, does that count as one of those 2 replacements? I guess not ... ?

thx!

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it only counts if you have to pay $79 to get your phone replaced. if anything gets swapped without you paying, it was part of the warranty.

3. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

thanks! thats what i thought, just wanted to make sure :) never had applecare before but i already dropped it nearly twice today taking it out of my pocket so i should reaaaally get it

4. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Basically if the screen is broken or if there is water damage is when the deductible will take effect. If the phone looks fine but something is wrong with it, then it will be covered under the warranty and there should be no out of pocket costs.