AppleCare+ 9/19/16, ship date 12/16

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AMG1978, Sep 19, 2016.

1. AMG1978 macrumors newbie

AppleCare+ says from original purchase date. If my ship date right now shows december and yet I bought mid-September, that's pretty crappy to take my money and have it start from today, yet lose potentially 3 months of the 24 months.

I haven't purchased AppleCare+ yet (you need to have the phone, or at least i guess IMEI).

What's anyone experience with this?

2. mthomas1987 macrumors newbie

mthomas1987

I bought it with my phone (on 9/9) and the start date on my AppleCare + certificate is the date my phone shipped (9/12)

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

AppleCare will not start until the device is 'activated'. AppleCare cannot be added to the device unless there is a serial number to add it to. I'm assuming you purchased them at the same exact time? This happened with my Apple Watch, but everything switched over to the day I received it.

4. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

'Bought',is when the phone ships officially.

Sorry. Meant to reply to op.

5. AMG1978 thread starter macrumors newbie

It says on apple.com "AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone" , but I guess that in my case, they'll be lax and do it from when I activate it? I'll keep my UPS data, the box with the label it came in, and my emails from TMo showing the shipping info, in case they give me crap.Thx

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

They literally cannot tie the AppleCare to a device right now as your device has yet to be built. I don't know how you are even looking at the AppleCare date because the plan doesn't exist yet. You can't view when AppleCare expires unless you have a serial number to enter into Apple's warranty check site.