Applecare $99?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rocknblogger, Oct 10, 2011.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

On Sprint they want to sell me Applecare for $99 but on Apple.com it says $69 for iPhone. Is this for older phones or will I be able to buy from Apple after I get the phone? Anyone know this?

2. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

AppleCare + is $99, it covers up to two accidents, regular AppleCare is $69, doesn't cover accidents.

3. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Thanks, I finally figured that out after reading all the fine print. Seems like the $99 price is also specific to the 4S

4. Votekinky06 macrumors 6502

It's worth it for $99. I was under the impression that regular AppleCare was going away.

5. ilolz, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

ilolz macrumors newbie

Honestly I wouldn't go with apple care and I would go with square trade who has a way better plan. Not only can you send it in to them to have them fix your phone, you can go to apple and have them fix it, then square trade will reimburse you for it. You can also transfer your insurance plan to another phone if you were to get the next iPhone that comes along. The warranty is $99 but if you enter "bday" as the promo code, it makes it $94.99

6. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

But that's only $5 off and you have to mail it. They also have a $50 deductible. Looks like the same exact thing.

7. Justim, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

Justim macrumors 6502

I think AppleCare+ is offered for iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s only while the iPhone 3GS is offered the regular AppleCare only.

Edit: I was wrong!

iPhone 4s can only have AppleCare+. All other iPhones can have either + or regular.

Or so says apple.com's "accessory compatibility".

AppleCare+
    [​IMG]

AppleCare
    [​IMG]