Applecare Advice - iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iJonWitham, Nov 18, 2009.

1. iJonWitham macrumors newbie

Hello Macrumors,

Okay, I have a 24-Inch iMac 3.06Ghz at 2GB Ram. Recently went into my local Apple store and was literally lost for words when I saw the 27Inch model, the screen looked amazing !

I was wondering that If I called AppleCare and reported my that my Mac had a dead pixel and needed replacing would they ship me a new iMac ? I heard they no longer manufacturing my one anymore.

Note: The first week I brought Mac I had a Dead Pixel, they replaced it immediately, no questions asked !

Please help me. Thanks !

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Not a chance. First, they're not going to replace a Mac for a dead pixel after it's been in use for a while. Second, they're not going to replace it with a much higher-spec model. You have to pay for the new iMac, like everyone else.

3. iJonWitham thread starter macrumors newbie

But they replaced my iMac with a dead pixel before.

Thank you for replying so quickly x

4. b01189 macrumors member

I doubt that Apple will replace your iMac with the updated model. Unless this has been your third major complaint with this computer alone and lemon comes into play. Just because they have stopped manufacturing those models of Macs does not me they have quit repairing them or kept some for these exact purposes... sorry man

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Replacing it in the first week, and replacing after you've had it a while are two different things.

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

They replaced it because they had to. All Macs have 14-day returning time.

And IF they would replace something because of one dead pixel, it would be the screen not the whole computer