Applecare almost up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by canuhandlethis8, Oct 4, 2009.

1. canuhandlethis8 macrumors member

My applecare is up in the next upcoming months, and there are bits and pieces of minor things that are going wrong with my mbp. do you guys think that it would be wrong to send it in have them replaced before my expiration date is up?

2. Mangaroo macrumors regular

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

How could it be wrong? If it's something covered by warranty, they have entered into an obligation to fix it by selling you AppleCare. If it's something not covered by warranty, they won't fix it just because you ask them to.

4. PTG macrumors newbie

What's wrong with it?

Remember that general wear and tear isn't covered by a warranty agreement.

Optical drive failure/iSight failure etc etc is.

However if it's issues of crashing or freezing, erase and install the OS. If you've never done that before and your machine is approaching 3 years of age, it makes sense that you're experiencing fluctuations.
    I wouldn't' recommend restoring from a TimeMachine backup or an Archive and install. You may just be transplanting the problem.
    It's a chance for a new beginning!
    Perhaps an excuse to upgrade to SL???
    :)

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Isn't that what's a warranty for? If something is wrong with your computer send it I

6. canuhandlethis8 thread starter macrumors member

I'm currently rocking the SL. Issues I'm having are

My trackpad seems to be sticking/clicking. When i press down on it, it's not a solid push

My screen seems to be not as sharp as it was when I bought it. I'm not sure if screens are like batteries and they are supposed to give out sometime.

7. Chris. macrumors regular

Would recommend booking a Genius appointment at your local Apple store and getting them checked out before your AppleCare warranty runs out. Them two components could be costly to replace if they were to fail outside of warranty.