AppleCare+ and Express Replacement Service for broken screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JulesJam, Nov 20, 2016.

1. JulesJam, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016

JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

One of my family members dropped their iPhone and shattered the screen. They have AC+. I know the deductible is only $29 for a screen repair but there are no genius bar appointments available this week and she will be traveling for Thanksgiving so no time to take it in anyhow.

We have never done the express replacement service. Would it still be a $29 deductible if we did that? Or would it be a $99 deductible?

If we call on Monday, will we get the replacement device by Wednesday?

EDIT - I just called and they said it would be the $99 deductible if we did the express replacement.

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Makes sense. You are getting a complete replacement so it's $99. If the store did a screen replacement it would be $29.

3. DUIduckSAUCE macrumors 6502

DUIduckSAUCE

Thank you for posting OP. I have wondered this myself.

4. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

I've tried to make an appointment for this week, you can't because of holidays. I talked to apple care and they said i should walk in. Since I already have a case # once i do get seen it'll be quick. but i know from experience i still might have to wait an hour or more. just depends on the store and how busy they are at the genius bar.

5. JulesJam thread starter Suspended

JulesJam

yeah, I may try a walk in around dinner time.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

In my experience, the earlier the better. Most folks don't want to be up and about earlier in the day and some don't show for the first Apple Store appointments.