Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aphxtwinin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Denver
posted this is ipod general discussion but realized no one has posted there in over a month and I searched for answer and found nothing so.... I have had my 1st gen 16G touch since launch pretty much and I am beginning to experience some problems with it. the screen is not nearly as responsive and while i play music its starting to randomly skip along the song when i try to seek the track forward or back also its starting to freeze a lot. I do have applecare and i made a genius apt for tuesday. Just wondering what situation I am looking at before I head in there. Should I push for a replacement...could i get a 2nd gen ipod if I moan and whine enough...or they just gonna replace with a refurb 1st gen? also does having my ipod engraved make any difference? thanks in advance

yorkshire

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
UK
They'll likely give you a 1G refurb but if you're lucky and they've run out you may get a 2G. Also having it engraved won't make a difference.

misterpasta

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2007
Don't whine

Likely they will do a re-install of software. If that doesn't do the trick you may get a refurb of your existing model. Don't whine, have some dignity. You paid for a first Gen you get a first Gen.

I have a 2001 BMW. It's in the shop every year and they have yet to give me a set of keys to the newer model.......

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
They're going to try to restore it, so you might as well give that a shot yourself first. That way, at least you might be able to save yourself a trip!

Otherwise, you'll be getting a refurbished 1st gen. But those black front bezels are super sexy and honestly I wish the 2nd generation still had them.

SLC

E

Eärendil

Likely they will do a re-install of software. If that doesn't do the trick you may get a refurb of your existing model. Don't whine, have some dignity. You paid for a first Gen you get a first Gen.

I have a 2001 BMW. It's in the shop every year and they have yet to give me a set of keys to the newer model.......

As far as i know he probably paid more for a 1G so I don't really see why he couldn't get a 2G one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.