applecare and mightymouse

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ajo, Apr 29, 2009.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

I have applecare and my mightymouse isnt clicking right, its a pain when trying to drag, and has got worse as time has gone on.

Anyway.... all of that info is pointless!

The question im asking is... is the mouse covered on applecare and how do I go about getting a new one?

Thanks

ajo

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Should be covered if you bought the mouse at the same time you bought the Mac. Call 1-800-APL-CARE

3. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

im in the UK, can I just walk into an apple store and swap it?

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

In the US, swaps need to go through the Genius Bar, and the Genius Bar requires an free appt (made in advance) to be seen.

You'll also need the serial number of your iMac (and make sure the iMac is still covered by AppleCare).

5. iBecks macrumors 6502

If the mighty mouse came with the iMac it will be covered by Applecare. If you bought it separately than it will not be covered.

6. aristobrat macrumors G5

I think Apple had one year of hardware coverage for all of the hardware they sell (at least in the US), so if you bought the Mouse separately, it could still be covered by its own warranty.

7. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

if you bought it not to long ago and can still return it too get your money back i would recommend doing that. the might mouse is awful in my opinion.