AppleCare and New Battery

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
Well, my iBook can with a semi-faulty battery, it only gets 3 hours of battery life. They are sending me a new battery. They said they would ship out by today. Is there a way I can track my shipment?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
zflauaus said:
Well, my iBook can with a semi-faulty battery, it only gets 3 hours of battery life. They are sending me a new battery. They said they would ship out by today. Is there a way I can track my shipment?
Did they let you keep the old one? :eek:

*MUST REFRAIN FROM GETTING FREE BATTERY*

Comment

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
DeSnousa said:
Im sorry is the problem that it only gets 3 hours battery life. That sounds about right depending on what you are doing.

True, but for general use you'd want more from a brand new iBook. My original G4 iBook still does 4.5 hours easily. :)

Comment

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
I wish I could keep the battery. My mom would be mad because it's a 130 freakin' dollar battery! I basically just browse the web, play music and things like that. If I play any games, it's mainly plugged in. I just had it happen to me. I ran coconutBattery and it went from 2500mAh to 34mAh. Drastic, drastic drop. Anybody know what the battery capacity is with a new battery? Mine right now is 87%

Comment

aznsal612

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2004
zflauaus said:
I wish I could keep the battery. My mom would be mad because it's a 130 freakin' dollar battery! I basically just browse the web, play music and things like that. If I play any games, it's mainly plugged in. I just had it happen to me. I ran coconutBattery and it went from 2500mAh to 34mAh. Drastic, drastic drop. Anybody know what the battery capacity is with a new battery? Mine right now is 87%
I've had my 15" powerbook for about 2 months now, and my battery capacity, said by CoconutBattery is around 4478mAh, which is still 97% of the battery life.

Also you must take into account that the second a Lion battery is made, it begins to oxide and lose it's capacity, right from the beginning of it's birth at the factory. So, coconut said my pb is already 5 months old meaning my battery is actually been holding up.

Yours is definitely a lot lower than it should be, imho.

Comment

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
I was wondering what maximum battery charge are some of you guys getting on a 12'' PB?

I get 4609mAh. Is that good or bad?

Comment

aznsal612

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2004
wako said:
I was wondering what maximum battery charge are some of you guys getting on a 12'' PB?

I get 4609mAh. Is that good or bad?
Looks relatively new. The older the battery, the lower the number gets. You're near the maximum capacity of a fresh battery. I think all new powerbooks are in the 4700mAh range for being brand new.

Comment

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Texas
I just got my brand new 15" PB and coconutBattery shows my battery capacity @ 4400mAH...is that too low? My battery doesn't seem to last all that long...even with the brightness level very low...

Comment

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
I got my new battery today! It has been running for 3hrs. 45mins. and it's down to est. time left 11 minutes. I did some games so that drained the battery. But everything is all better. Now, to go to DHL and schedule a pickup. :rolleyes:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.