AppleCare+ and warranty question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bushido, Dec 31, 2014.

1. bushido Suspended

bushido

If I spill something on my iPhone setting off the water damage indicator thing I obviously loose my warranty rights but could still get an AppleCare+ replacement for 69€ down the line. Now I am wondering... Will that new replacement be covered under full warranty for the rest of the 2 years again or is the warranty gone for good once you caused an issue yourself on the original device

Thanks!

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You warranty period would equal what you had on the original phone from what I understand.

3. PsyOpWarlord macrumors 6502

PsyOpWarlord

4. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

Yeah but does it have the regular warranty again for things I did not cause myself?

As in before the damage? Cuz the warranty would be gone on the original phone hence why you would get a applecare+ replacement instead of a simple freevwarranty replacement in the first place

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

All subsequent replacements are covered for warranty defects for the full two years.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes.
    The rest of the time remaining transfers to the replacement device.
    And if its a defect that you didn't cause you will still get it covered and replaced free of charge till the 2 years from your purchase date of the original device expire.