AppleCare and WatchOS 2.0 Beta

Armen

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I called Apple Care and told them I'm an idiot and upgraded my Watch to 2.0 Beta knowing I couldn't go back and that the user experience was less than desirable. The rep understood and said that I was the 2nd caller that reported the same discontent towards that beta during his shift.

<fast forward 10 mins of conversation>

A new Apple watch (not refurbished) is being shipped to me express delivery (2 days) free of charge. This is very cool of Apple to do this even though it's my fault.

Thought I'd share in case some of you don't want to ride the betas all the way to the Fall.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I called Apple Care and told them I'm an idiot and upgraded my Watch to 2.0 Beta knowing I couldn't go back and that the user experience was less than desirable. The rep understood and said that I was the 2nd caller that reported the same discontent towards that beta during his shift.

<fast forward 10 mins of conversation>

A new Apple watch (not refurbished) is being shipped to me express delivery (2 days) free of charge. This is very cool of Apple to do this even though it's my fault.

Thought I'd share in case some of you don't want to ride the betas all the way to the Fall.
But that's a lousy way to "waste" one of your AppleCare+ claims :rolleyes:

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
Had a chat. I'm going to send it in via mail and they will downgrade it. Great!

EDIT:

Has a very interesting problem description:
System-wide Issues - Alert - recovery mode

So there IS a recovery mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Armen