AppleCare at Compusa?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dibara2003, Feb 17, 2008.

1. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

so my local compusa has applecare on sale for 60% off, but they won't sell it without buying an apple computer. anyone else having these problems?
    oh yeah, i'd be willing to pay someone if they could get it for me at 60%.
    thanks

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Most CompUSA stores have been shut down. The company is under new ownership...by the same folks who own TigerDirect. Anyway, the price sounds too good to be true even with the purchase of a new machine. That's around $100.00 off the regular price for an Apple Care contract for a MacBook.

Regards.

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

They're full of it. AppleCare is not required to be sold with a system, period. Now, if it's specifically "60% off with purchase of a system" and full price without, fine, but that needs to be visibly posted or advertised.

So why did they refuse? Is there an ad or sale language they can reference? Hell they're about to close the doors, be pushy.

4. dibara2003 thread starter macrumors 6502

well, what i was told was they have a contract with apple to sell it only with unopened computers, i.e. if you buy theirs... i'm sure they're full of it like usual, but how do i pursue it. they have said they have quite a few left, just in the stock room. thanks.

the compusa is in hawaii. they close in 2 weeks

5. n0otro macrumors member

I just bought an applecare for 50% off last week from the CompUSA in Pearl City without an apple system. Just the applecare. Which one did you go to, the one on ala moana?

6. dibara2003 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah... i'm gonna bug them till i get it now.