Applecare+ ATT in Store question

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
I bought applecare+ in the AT&T store with my iPhone 5 and it still isn't showing up under registered products on apple.com. I called apple and they said it's all set so I guess I'll believe them.

Anybody know if you buy the phone like this if your auto registered with apple for your applecare+? Thanks.

Ammo

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
I bought applecare+ in the AT&T store with my iPhone 5 and it still isn't showing up under registered products on apple.com. I called apple and they said it's all set so I guess I'll believe them.

Anybody know if you buy the phone like this if your auto registered with apple for your applecare+? Thanks.
If you buy AppleCare+, you're automatically registered. No need to register yourself.

formulatwo

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012

Interesting..... The ATT store I purchased two IP5's from said they don't sell AppleCare+ and I had to purchase it from Apple.

Ammo

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Interesting..... The ATT store I purchased two IP5's from said they don't sell AppleCare+ and I had to purchase it from Apple.
If you're purchasing it to have it shipped to you, AppleCare+ can't be sold. It only works if they physically have the iPhone in stock when you purchase it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.