AppleCare auto-enroll not working?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by itschriscollins, Oct 27, 2010.

1. itschriscollins macrumors newbie

ORIGINAL PROBLEM SOLVED

Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong section, I found similar topics in here though nothing identical.

I have just bought a new MacBook Pro with HE discount and got AppleCare HE contract with it, and according to the online store I would have been auto-enrolled. However when I check on the apple support page with my serial number it merely says I am registered with the default one year warranty and that I am eligible (but not registered) for AppleCare.

Initially I tried to check my AppleCare plans on my account and I have none listed as registered and when I try to register my plan it asks for my AppleCare serial number which has not come with my mac, I merely have a cd and manual; I can't find a srial or instruction leaflet anywhere.

My MacBook was ordered yesterday and arrived today. Also when I try to fill out the online form for iLife '11 UpToDate it informs me that the serial number of my MacBook Pro doesn't exist, although I can use it to check my support status.

Should I wait a few days on the basis that it takes a while/serial isn't recognised by some parts of the site/haven't processed payment yet, or should I ring up Apple (and what number should I call for the UK?) and ask them about my AppleCare?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

2. itschriscollins thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: Apologies my AppleCare is now fully working and registered to my AppleID :D Just got an email through from Apple, I guess they have to wait or something? Maybe slow delivery acknowledgement and big backlogs I suppose.

Still can't get the iLife up to date program to accept that my serial number exists though.

Sorry for the pointless double post and thread, I won;t delete on the basis of any replies or someone else with the same issue searching for it - give it some time it seems!