AppleCare Auto-Enroll

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Simon 5000, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Simon 5000 macrumors member

Hi guys, sorry, this is like my 4th thread in the past week, just got my MBP and want to make sure I know how to use it like I did with my PC

Anyway, when I bought my MBP, I got AppleCare with it, but I didn't get a box or anything, my receipt says I am auto-enrolled. Okay, but I don't have a number to call, or any information or anything.

So can somebody fill me in on what I'm missing?

EDIT: I bought from the Apple Store, Sydney. Just to give more info :)

2. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

I thought Apple shipped a diagnostic CD with Apple Care?

Interested to read responses since I am in the same boat too.

3. glavoie84 macrumors regular

I got the envelope two weeks after receiving my MBP 13" but the mailman fitted the envelope with the CD in it in my tiny mailbox and managed to bend and scratch the CD making it unusable... Anyway, I got the same CD with my girlfriend's MacBook (same revision/version) and it only contains a link to register your AppleCare plan (useless if you auto-enrolled because your MacBook is already registered), a link to http://www.apple.com/support/ and the software ToolTech Deluxe diagnostic software (don't know if it's good or not).

4. apthai86 macrumors member

Go to this website and enter your serial number for the laptop. It'll tell you when your warranty will expire.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

If it shows that your warranty is about 3 years from now then you're enrolled. Just wait a few weeks for the Apple Care papers to come in the mail.

5. Simon 5000 thread starter macrumors member

Is there an Australian version for this?

6. apthai86 macrumors member

Yea just go to the link, enter your serial number and on the drop down menu select "Australia"

7. Simon 5000 thread starter macrumors member

Haha sorry, I just saw it said APPLE US and didn't check the rest, sorry :p

8. thesmoth macrumors 6502

Does this mean we can still buy cheap AppleCare on eBay?

9. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

How would anything mentioned in this thread affect whether you could or could not buy AppleCare on eBay? :confused:

10. thesmoth macrumors 6502

Well because they don't give you a box anymore and do it automatically when you purchase. I asked in the apple store last week about buying on eBay and how the AppleCare is international and you can buy it and register it anywhere, and the person said that was wrong and that as of about 6 months ago it only works in the country you buy it in. Noe I'm paranoid about buying on eBay. Was this person at the apple store crazy?