Applecare best deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by weeyao, May 11, 2008.

1. weeyao macrumors newbie

Please share what is the best deal you got for your applecare. I found a seller retailing at 169, is that good? (I know it is way cheaper than the recommended retail from apple already)

2. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I got 50% off retail through eBay. LA Computing also have very good prices.

3. nintendude macrumors 6502

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Hmm, I am glad that I stumbled across this thread. I was going to purchase AppleCare for my new Mac Pro in the near future from Apple, looks like I should check out eBay instead in hopes of getting a better deal. :)

5. weeyao thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, do you have the contact of the seller? Can mail me his email? Thanks.

6. weeyao thread starter macrumors newbie

Almost did that too.... I happened to stumble on ebay too!

7. hellobenny macrumors newbie

Sweet, before I checked this thread, I actually didn't realize that the applecare for the mba is the same as the normal macbook. I was under the presumption that I had to buy the same applecare that applies to the macbook pro, because the mba is almost as expensive.

8. weeyao thread starter macrumors newbie

FOund a ebay seller selling applecare for macbook/macbook air for 144.99. Wonder if anyone has bought from him before (irunszlo).

9. n0de macrumors 6502

LA Computer Company has it for $180. I would gladly pay the increase over an Ebay seller since you really have no idea what you are buying off of Ebay anymore.

10. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

When I bought AppleCare over eBay, I checked the seller and saw he had a few for auction. I then browsed his feedback and saw that other people who bought AppleCare (specifically) from him had a positive experience. That's how I determined it was safe. Not fullproof, but if others did it, I was willing to take the chance. I'd be more hesitant otherwise.

11. AstroHouse macrumors member

LA Computer is a good deal. I live in CA. To save tax and s/h fees I ordered from Amazon for $187. No worries as with ebay.

12. nintendude macrumors 6502

don't remember cuz i purchased from him about 2 yrs ago i think...................