Applecare - bought it but did not get box

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thermodynamic, Apr 13, 2012.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I blindly perceived that the agreement # code on the receipt was sufficient as the warranty's serial #...

When tying in the info to register today, it said I had to call support.

Should I call them up or drive all the way down 30 miles to the Apple store just to get a box? (And why isn't this automated at the point of sale? Even Best Buy's process is done automatically... then again, TBH, AppleCare has a proven track record for when people actually NEED it so I won't nitpick or whine too much... :) For that's what counts most, if you need it and how the company responds... )

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you bought AppleCare at the same time you bought the hardware (from Apple), then the AppleCare should have automatically registered at the time of purchase.

If you did buy the two at the same time, have you looked at the online warranty status of the hardware to see if it was already applied?

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can verify remaining warranty/AppleCare coverage for any Mac by entering the serial number here.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So where did you buy it? I'm not sure I follow.

5. macPDX macrumors newbie

apple care box

Purchased an Imac & Apple Care about a year ago and, at the cash register,
    they handed me the appropriate box with all the magic numbers to register
    the Apple Care warranty . Had to buy a MacBook Air recently (when you need
    portability, an Imac just won't do. . . ) and, instead of handing me a box, the
    seller made sure that they showed me the appropriate number to use on the receipt
    when I registered my laptop.

If you have a receipt, the suggestions to call Apple have been right on target;
    having a box for Apple Care isn't as important as having the numbers of the Apple Care "policy" you purchased.