Applecare Charge for No Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by FelicityW, Apr 15, 2015.

1. FelicityW macrumors regular

I ordered a sport watch with black band with Applecare and got a ship date of May 13-27. I was promptly charged for the Applecare. Now, that just seems wrong to me. Apple is making a fortune on interest on the 'float' of Applecare for items for it hasn't even shipped. I think this happened before when I preordered a device, but for some reason, this time it has made me really mad. It would not be that hard to charge for it as the item ships.

I called and cancelled the Applecare and will buy it when the watch actually arrives. I really resent Apple doing this.

I buy Applecare because it improves resale and for everything my son uses, it is needed. Now, I will buy it when I have the item in hand.

2. Mike Delta macrumors 6502

Mike Delta

It's just a temporary authorization the same way you get charged the 1$ It falls off in a few days.

3. whatos macrumors 6502a

Apple is excellent when it comes to the purchase experienced. I've rarely heard of an issue. Oh I'm sure they've had some, but a very small number given their many years in business.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

What difference does it make when the actual charge goes through your coverage is the same regardless??

5. simsdaniel macrumors regular

I had the same thing happen to me. Apple charged my $69 on April 10th but removed the charge yesterday.

I don't really see why you are so annoyed by it, a early charge happens with most purchases.

6. Omen87 macrumors regular

Omen87

Why would you care if you get charged now or a week from now? Apple doesn't need the "float" from Applecare+ to get by. It's probably just how the ordering system works. Your coverage won't start until it ships so it's a non-issue.

7. antman2x2 macrumors 6502a

Damn... Why does it matter? You're gonna spend it anyway..