Applecare+ charged already. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by largefarrva, Apr 12, 2015.

1. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

On both of the cards my wife and I used to pre-order our Apple watches, we've already been charged for the Applecare we purchased with our watches. We're both in the 4-6 week delivery timeframe so I'm not expecting to see actual movement on our orders but it's strange to see we've been charged for the Applecare already.

Anyone else seeing their Applecare charges yet?

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

Yeah I have two watches ordered both with AppleCare and I have two charges for Apple Care. And both watches have the May 13th-27th date.

3. RobobVT macrumors member

RobobVT

same here just had Apple Pay let me know of a charge for applecare+ but when checking on the credit card website it shows as a pre-auth

4. largefarrva thread starter macrumors 6502a

On both cards it's showing as pending for us. Which is what any charge shows for a couple days until it becomes final.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Apple always charges for Applecare up front because it's a service and not a product that needs to be shipped.

So yes, I was charged for Applecare+ on my Apple watch also.

6. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

Does anyone know whether Applecare+ for the Apple Watch can be added up to 60-days post purchase, similar to the iPhone? Or is the only way to get Applecare+ protection to purchase at the time of payment for the watch?

7. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

8. largefarrva thread starter macrumors 6502a

I would imagine it would be possible, but I haven't heard for certain if this will be allowed. Can't see why not, as long as you can take it in so they can verify it's not already damaged.

9. Itzdatkpn macrumors newbie

Apparently you have 60 days to purchase AppleCare+.

According to Apple's website.