AppleCare covers lag & ghosting issue with rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dndandrea, Jul 4, 2012.

1. dndandrea macrumors 6502

Silly question because I know theyll easily take returns in the first 14 days. However I know with the iPad I was only able to return it twice and no more after that. I had an issue with the iPad 2 bleeding light. I plan on buying AppleCare for the rMBP for the same exact scenario.

It sounds like not everyone has this problem so there are possibly some rMBPs that are not defected. Also there's a chance that apple will fix this issue in a few months lets say. So with AppleCare wood I still be able to return the rMBP for this case or would it be too late?

I'm very picky, but that's besides the point... I'm paying over $2k for this haha why woulda just ignore problems with it?

2. leenak macrumors 68020

With the ghosting, Applecare should cover it.

With the lag, it depends. If the lag is due to a hardware issue, then yes. Otherwise, no. If you have a system and it lags to an unacceptable level, I'd look into getting ML preview (others have it). If it is still unacceptable, I'd return it and look into a different system.

3. Cisco_Kid macrumors 6502

Cisco_Kid

I've said this before and I'll say it again :)

Remember when you pay for something expensive ( $2,000 laptop ) to use a major credit card !

Because if you can demonstrate to Visa, MasterCard ect... the product is faulty, ( providing Apple is not helping you at this point ) most big banks that issue credit cards have a policy to chargeback for customers if a major appliance is faulty within 6 months; no questions asked.

Under my banks agreement; any electronic purchase over $1,500 is considered a major appliance with Visa; I've had to leverage this against Apple twice now; once when I purchased one of the first 27" iMacs with the yellow screens; Apple told me to suck it up, and with one phone call to Visa I had their mind changed, and a replacement in the mail.

The second time I have used the policy was to have a brand spanking new machine replaced that had dead pixels on the screen, Apple told me to pound salt and I phoned Visa, bingo; computer replacement just like that.

If you are not happy with the ghosting, as you should not be; and Apple is refusing to replace the unit for any reason, I say phone your credit card company and ask to have a chargeback issued, that will surely get Apple's attention.