Applecare/customer relations abilities??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thebrain74, Jul 24, 2009.

1. thebrain74 macrumors regular

So I have a laptop (2.2ghz SR MBP) that has had a laundry list of problems (screen, fans, fan sensor assembly, graphics card, battery,etc)
    So I called up the customer service line and they said I could either A: wait for something else to break within the warranty period and then they will replace the machine. Or B: a $100 credit with Apple.

I have sold the machine, but I don't want it breaking again in an inopportune time (last time the graphics card went during finals period....fuuun/sarcasm) or to have the GPU to die outside of warranty (took 1.5yrs the first time and say another 1.5 the second time and you're pretty much out of warranty).

Is the $100 really the most they are allowed to give. I asked for Applecare and they said no because it is a contract deal and they can't do that. I thought for sure I have heard Applecare being a fairly common placating move by Apple.

It just seems like they are trying to see how little they can get away giving me for my trouble (no surprise I guess), so I was just wondering what your guys experience was with customer relations.

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Not to sound rude or anything but you're not entitled to anything and anything Apple gives you is solely on them to provide good customer satisfaction - so you take what you get.

AppleCare is a no go at this point. AppleCare is only applicable for the 3 years from the date of purchase so there is no way you'll get it when it's a year past your eligibility.

You said you sold the machine, so why are you still worried about it? Would you mind clarifying what you mean by that?