Applecare deadline?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by blipstutter, Dec 21, 2007.

1. blipstutter macrumors member

Anyone have luck signing up for Applecare out of warranty? I bought a Macbook for my mother last xmas and when I tried to sign up for Applecare today, they told me they couldn't sell it to me. They're going from the date of purchase, which is annoying, because Amazon was back ordered on the item, not to mention, it was a gift for the holiday.

Any way to get Apple to extend the deadline by a week?

On the off chance they do, does anyone know of a good deal on it? $180 seems to be the cheapest I'm seeing even on Ebay.

2. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Carefull... I'd be very weary about getting an AppleCare warranty from eBay.

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

Apple has been known NOT to allow customers to purchase AppleCare beyond the 1-year anniversary of the purchase.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Say your warranty expires on Nov 21, and you bought Apple Care from a place on Nov 20, but it arrived Nov 28. When you receive it, the automated system will not let you add more warranty because it's more than 1 year, but you did buy it in time. In that case,

There is a number where you can fax in your receipt to get your Apple Care updated.

5. blipstutter thread starter macrumors member

My problem is an issue with date of purchase of the computer itself, not the Applecare, which I've yet to buy. Guess I'm out of luck. That's crummy. I lost track of time.

As for Ebay, I've had no trouble with it in the past, but there's no sense doing it unless it's discounted greatly.

6. Hmac macrumors 68020

Just last night I won an auction for $212 for Applecare for my MacBook Pro (normally $349). If it works out, it will be enough of a discount to be worthwhile. Ebay can be a crap shoot on any purchase, no doubt, so we'll see...