AppleCare + - Do you purchase the same day, or within 60?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ApplePersonFreak, Sep 24, 2017.

1. ApplePersonFreak macrumors 6502a

Since I bought my phone outright at the Verizon store, I’ll have to call Apple and add on AC+. I always like to wait a bit before I get AC+ though. Do you guys normally add it on the same time you purchase your phone, or get it within the 60 day period?

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Since it is always a rush to preorder I add everything later. You can actually add AC+ online. No phone call needed.

3. KrisLord macrumors 65832

What’s the benefit in waiting? Isn’t the coverage based on when you activated the phone, so it’s a maximum of 2 years and reduced if you holding buy AppleCare for a few weeks.

4. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know, but I live in FL and there’s some weird law regarding AC+ where they’d have to do it manually over the phone.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

You can only add it online at time of purchase. You have to do it via phone or in-store after purchase because they run a diagnostic.

6. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

I stand corrected. I am able to do it online. They changed it up and are able to have you run the diagnostic online.

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

But you still have to run the diagnostic, so you need to chat with someone. Its just easier to call. But I guess I stand corrected as well.

8. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope. Apple emails you a link, or texts you the link to the diagnostic. You run it on your phone and your computer connects to the same server as the diagnostic so they get the info once it’s done running, then it tells you all tests are completed and you can go ahead and proceed.

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Interesting, this must be very new then. Because last year I was helping my sister get it on her phone, and we had to actually speak with someone. Thanks for letting me know.

10. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

1. Check for Apple’s incoming message on the device for which you are purchasing AppleCare+.
    2. Tap the link in the message and follow the instructions.
    3. Return to this window.
    4. Hit the Start Check button and wait for confirmation.”
    This is what it shows when you’re on the page.

11. Bala0509 macrumors member

Bala0509

just went through this with the watch. I did end up talking to a rep because I couldn't get the diagnostic to run on the watch. When I called it was just added. No questions. no diagnostic.

12. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

When I bought mine through Best buy, they gave me the option to include AC+. I think I've only used it once when my iP7+ died on me a few months ago.

13. spoon72 macrumors regular

spoon72

Apple care only extend one Year on an iphone an I right ?

14. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Yes, AppleCare Plus extends 1 additional year with 2 accidental damage coverage.