AppleCare Exception?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Arron924, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Arron924 macrumors newbie

Hi quick question,

I have three years of hardware coverage on my iMac but the telephone support has ran out, because of this getting in touch with Apple to report the hardware fault regarding the screen will incur me a cost of £25 as their is no exception option.

Any ideas?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

AppleCare extends telephone support to 3 years from the date your Mac was purchased.

3. Arron924 thread starter macrumors newbie

I got the Apple Care with the HE plan which includes 3 year hardware coverage as standard but only a year of telephone support.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That does make a difference. Once telephone support has ended, the only other option is to pay for telephone support.

5. Arron924 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its not telephone support that I want, I just need to contact Apple to arrange them to repair the faulty hardware. I can't haul an iMac around with me :(

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can call Apple to schedule a visit to the Genius Bar, or to schedule to ship your iMac for repair. You don't need telephone support for that, and there is no cost for such calls.

7. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Telephone support is only for "over the phone software issues".

You can call them to organise a repair, but under the Student agreement if you want to send it in you'll have to pay shipping. Best thing to do is to take it to the bar.