Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
For those of you who have used it, how long did it take to receive your AppleCare express replacement watch?

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
For those of you who have used it, how long did it take to receive your AppleCare express replacement watch?
3 weeks ago, SBSS stopped charging.
Called Apple Care
Monday - Set up the exchange, and received the confirmation that it was set up. I was told that I would received a confirmation email when it ships, usually 24 to 48 hours.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday not a peep.
Friday I call after I received an email cancelling my case.
I received a lot of ah, oh, ah, let me check. supervisor, supervisor's superviser who called the warehouse who called Ferris Bueller. Credit card still had a $900 hold on it.
I asked when the hold would be removed.
I was told if the charged was removed then the case would be closed.
Oddly enough that is what the email stated, it was closed.
They hung up.
I called back and was quickly ushered to second level.
From there I was assured the matter would be resolved within 28 hours.
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, nothing. Tuesday an email from FEDEX.
Nothing from apple themselves.
Next time I will go into a store.

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Called Apple Care
Monday - Set up the exchange, and received the confirmation that it was set up. I was told that I would received a confirmation email when it ships, usually 24 to 48 hours.
I received a lot of ah, oh, ah, let me check. supervisor, supervisor's superviser who called the warehouse who called Ferris Bueller. Credit card still had a $900 hold on it.
They hung up.

Wow, what a mess!

Farsider

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2014
London, UK
Called Apple Care
They hung up.

Geez, that’s appalling. Definitely escalate that to Customer Relations

Not a Watch but I accidentally smashed my iPad Pro. Initiated a Support Chat via Apple Support App at 9:45am Monday morning asking for an Express Replacement. No fuss and all was setup within 5 mins. Tuesday 11am a new iPad Pro was delivered. Thursday lunchtime the hold on my card was removed. This is why I pay for AppleCare+, this level of service.

I was so impressed I even emailed Tim with my thanks.

Reactions: DiamondarBoss

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
Well, after two days tracking doesn’t show shipped. Called Apple support. Was told my watch model was back ordered with no ETA. So much for express replacement. More like maybe some day replacement.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Geez, that’s appalling. Definitely escalate that to Customer Relations

Not a Watch but I accidentally smashed my iPad Pro. Initiated a Support Chat via Apple Support App at 9:45am Monday morning asking for an Express Replacement. No fuss and all was setup within 5 mins. Tuesday 11am a new iPad Pro was delivered. Thursday lunchtime the hold on my card was removed. This is why I pay for AppleCare+, this level of service.

I was so impressed I even emailed Tim with my thanks.

I thought it was appalling to too and too a great deal of exception to the crappy customer service.
[doublepost=1568775235][/doublepost]
Well, after two days tracking doesn’t show shipped. Called Apple support. Was told my watch model was back ordered with no ETA. So much for express replacement. More like maybe some day replacement.

Welcome to the nightmare.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I thought it was appalling to too and too a great deal of exception to the crappy customer service.
[doublepost=1568775235][/doublepost]

Welcome to the nightmare.
Took Farsider’s advice and called back. Was told I could not get a replacement at an Apple store because the replacement had to be mailed along with the return mailer for my defective watch. They told me to check back in a week or two if I didn’t get a ship notice. I escalated to second tier supervisor but, no dice. I emphasized my displeasure with Apple for not having stock and worst of all not knowing the ETA. Grudgingly accepted I would have to wait. That afternoon I got a shipping notice my replacement would be here today. Guess the squeaky wheel got the oil.

AMessy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2005
I had an unfortunate Apple Watch express replacement experience today as well.

My series 4 has a small chip on the screen. Used Apple Support chat on Monday to get a replacement sent out as I have AppleCare+ for this watch. I received a FedEx Tracking number Tuesday morning for Wednesday delivery (today). I’m at work and my wife is walking out the door when the FedEx driver pulls up. She signs, and he makes a comment about the package feeling like an empty box.

So she thinks nothing of it and sets the box in the house before leaving. So I get home and notice it is in fact empty. The single strip of packing tape was cut open and the replacement Watch was missing. The only contents were a leaflet explaining how to pack up my damaged watch and some unused strips of packing tape.

A call to Apple Support has them opening an investigation. They are supposed to contact me in 7-10 days. Unfortunately I forgot to ask them what I am supposed to do since there is a hold on my credit card pending the return of my damaged watch. Hopefully they just extend the hold while they are investigating.

To this point Apple Support has been very helpful and understanding of the situation. I just hope they are able to work it out with FedEx and I get another replacement sent. I assume the one that was stolen can be prevented from activation from Apple. Unfortunately whoever stole it will probably sell it to some unsuspecting buyer.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I had an unfortunate Apple Watch express replacement experience today as well.

My series 4 has a small chip on the screen. Used Apple Support chat on Monday to get a replacement sent out as I have AppleCare+ for this watch. I received a FedEx Tracking number Tuesday morning for Wednesday delivery (today). I’m at work and my wife is walking out the door when the FedEx driver pulls up. She signs, and he makes a comment about the package feeling like an empty box.

So she thinks nothing of it and sets the box in the house before leaving. So I get home and notice it is in fact empty. The single strip of packing tape was cut open and the replacement Watch was missing. The only contents were a leaflet explaining how to pack up my damaged watch and some unused strips of packing tape.

A call to Apple Support has them opening an investigation. They are supposed to contact me in 7-10 days. Unfortunately I forgot to ask them what I am supposed to do since there is a hold on my credit card pending the return of my damaged watch. Hopefully they just extend the hold while they are investigating.

To this point Apple Support has been very helpful and understanding of the situation. I just hope they are able to work it out with FedEx and I get another replacement sent. I assume the one that was stolen can be prevented from activation from Apple. Unfortunately whoever stole it will probably sell it to some unsuspecting buyer.
I received my new watch and all is well. I’m still not out of the woods until Apple receives the defective watch and credits my card. Sorry for your situation. It’s suspicious that the FedEx driver mentioned it being light.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.