Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adk

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
My 5G 30GB is about 11 months old, so I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy applecare. Does anybody know of any common issues with the 30 gig that I should be concerned about? I haven't had any problems so far (knock on wood)

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
I don't know of any specific problems with the iPod 5G, but I'd get it. From my personal experience, I'll always get Applecare. I'd be iPod-less if it wasn't for it. My 4G's hard drive just died for no apparent reason and I got a new one in about 15 of being at the apple store. Also, I think you can send in your 5G right before the warranty expires and tell them the battery doesn't fully charge. They'll give you a new one, or at least change the battery.

flalaw

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
United States
you could always just ebay it and buy a brand new one. you'll take a small loss that's somewhat mitigated by you not having to buy applecare anymore. that's what i did w/ my 5g which was about to be out of warrantee. it was almost the same price for me to ebay and buy a new one as it was to just buy applecare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.