Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewBench

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I have an 11 Pro 256GB with 10 months of AppleCare+ remaining which I intend to sell soon.

As far as I'm aware, the AppleCare+ is attached to the device NOT the owner, as when you check the cover/warranty section in Settings on the phone it gives the expiry date.

I don't want to refund the AppleCare+, I want to sell it with the phone.

If the new owner in a few months decides to use the AppleCare+, does it matter that it will still be in my name? I've never had to use it before, but I don't want there to be issues down the line if they try to use it and just because their name is different to mine, they won't be able to make use of it.

I guess what I'm asking is, when they book for a service/repair etc, they won't need my name or ID, or proof of purchase or anything like that, they literally just book the phone in and that's it?

I've heard you can transfer the AppleCare+ into a different name but heard it's hassle (having to supply proof of purchase, details etc).

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.