Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A_Flying_Panda

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2017
Hold my Apple TV. Oops. Dont worry, we have accidental protection whenever you drop you Apple TV and crack its screen.
oh it does not even have a screen? Dont worry we got you covered anyway.

Reactions: innovationwho

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
What’s the difference between AppleCare and AppleCare+? I just saw earlier today that I actually purchased AppleCare for our last AppleTV (lord knows why).
+ includes accidental damage.

Not worth it unless your kids or dog destroys the remote regularly. But even then eBay would probably come out ahead.

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
Why on earth would you buy apple care at all for a device like this? Its not like it is going to be mobile and prone to breakage and it probably will become functionally obsolete in three years anyway.

Cats are helluva cat sometimes. You really never know if you have pets or younger kids what might happen.

Or drunk friends. You pick.

WaltCD

macrumors member
May 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I would buy the new Apple TV on sale, such as Best Buy or Amazon. Use the money saved to buy Apple Care+. About the same price, and you have no worries for three years.
$29 is a piddly price to pay. No worries.

sqenixs

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2021
Why on earth would you buy apple care at all for a device like this? Its not like it is going to be mobile and prone to breakage and it probably will become functionally obsolete in three years anyway.
Some people like to install apple TV into their car.

AussieStu

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
Does this cover include losing a remote?
Need to be like DJI as you get 2 replacements

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Don’t buy it.
I would say the same. Except it seems like I hav always needed it whenever an update bricks my device. Has happened quite a few times. That my Apple TV tries to update. And it bricks. And Apple then says there is nothing that can be done. Cause of when it was purchased. And I didn’t have AppleCare.

laurieballard

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2016
Why? For a device that stays at home?

We have a 1 year old child who chomps on the Apple TV remote and launches it across the room several times a day, still going strong!

I don't buy apple care for anything, the cost outweighs the benefit for me. Out of multiple Macbooks, iPhones, iPad etc, I have dropped my phone once and it made the smallest dent in the chassis. What I have saved on not buying Applecare over the years, I could probably buy the latest iMac and still have change for the accessories.

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2017

There's one born every minute...

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I would say the same. Except it seems like I hav always needed it whenever an update bricks my device. Has happened quite a few times. That my Apple TV tries to update. And it bricks. And Apple then says there is nothing that can be done. Cause of when it was purchased. And I didn’t have AppleCare.
I have a stack of Apple TVs. None of them have ever bricked. Seems you have bad luck or i have good luck.

Reactions: gtmac

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Are any of them 4K?
Yep, 3 of them. The other 7 are HD or earlier, and are retired to the “Closet of outdated or unused apple hardware” that includes a box of iphones, a stack of MacBooks, a smattering of ipads, a handful of iPods, and a bin of airports.

BenGieCruz

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2012
US/Belgium
Yep, 3 of them. The other 7 are HD or earlier, and are retired to the “Closet of outdated or unused apple hardware” that includes a box of iphones, a stack of MacBooks, a smattering of ipads, a handful of iPods, and a bin of airports.
Lucky you man!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.