AppleCare+ for AW?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Luba, Sep 17, 2016.

?

Will you or did you get AppleCare+ for AW?

1. Yes, I will or did buy AppleCare+

20 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No, I won't or did not buy AppleCare +

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Luba macrumors 65816

Luba

I got AppleCare+ for my series0 SS AW, but not sure if I will for series2 SS AW. I figure I'll be getting a new AW at least every two years and my credit card covers an additional year so I would be covered with a warranty for two years. I got it for AW0 because it was a new product. Since the time AW came out I haven't read horror stories of AW not working so it seems to be a stable quality product, although AW0 was slow. Apple also lowered the price for AppleCare+ which I interpret to mean Apple anticipates a lower number of problems than they first thought.

2. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Apple products cost too much for me to not get some type of 'protection' for it.

3. PR. macrumors member

PR.

As someone who bought a 2nd hand Apple Watch 1st Gen in February that died in September, 5 months after the original warranty expired I'd say get it. Apple wanted £176 to 'service' it.

The only thing I was a little disappointed about was that the AppleCare is only for 2 years in total rather than the 'normal' 3 years.

4. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

AC+ (the one that covers accidental damage) has always been 2 years. The Mac one is 3 years but doesn't cover accidental damage.

5. PammyLZ macrumors newbie

I'm thinking of getting a Series 1, does the AppleCare+ accidental damage plan cover liquid damage in case it does happen?

6. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

Yes. Any and all physical damage.

7. PammyLZ macrumors newbie

Thank you for replying! :)