AppleCare for AW?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by maka344, Feb 12, 2017.

1. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

I've just purchased the AW2 SB with the milianese band. If I purchase AC, will it also cover the band for damage and defects?

2. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

I believe it covers the band too, maybe even everything you buy under the same receipt like additional bands. I could be wrong on the later, but it does cover the band on the watch you bought.

3. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

AppleCare does not cover the band. However Apple has great customer service so...

4. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

"Service coverage is available only for the Apple Watch and its original included accessories that are defective in materials or workmanship or for battery depletion of 50 percent or more from original specification. The replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. See terms at AppleCare+ for full details."

So, yes it does cover the included band against defects.

5. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Well then there you have it. Why didn't you post that in the first place.

6. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

Because I was on my way out and didn't have time to look for it. Rather than give incorrect information you could have looked too.

7. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Only relaying what AppleCare has told me. They say that bands are not included. But as I said in store apple usually has great customer service. I have never had to use it on a band.

8. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

The same with all customer service really, you have to find the knowledgeable ones!

9. maka344 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maka344