AppleCare for Intel iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lewie109, May 25, 2007.

1. lewie109 macrumors member

lewie109

Hi everyone,

I know that AppleCare is extended warranty for your iMac, or any Apple product. I am setting up a new iMac for the local news paper offce, and the lady had bought AppleCare for them when she got them. She just got the computers like a month ago. What my question is what is in the box? Becuase hers are still sealed and I don't have them with me. Is there a cd and I'm shure some documentation of some sort. Is there anything special I need to do to them for it? I have no idea if she got a year or 3 years. They are upgrading from eMacs that they had.

Thanks!
    Darrin

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

It has a key inside so you can register it on apple's site if she did get ac

3. lewie109 thread starter macrumors member

lewie109

Yes she did. She has 2 boxes for both iMacs. How do I do it? She probally will not have any idea on how to do it. She is upgrading from 9 to Tiger so I have to teacher system 10 and all of the new software she got.

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Here is where you register at. Also Here is some more info about AC

5. iGav macrumors G3

If she bought the Macs and AppleCare from an AppleStore (online or shop) together, then Apple will automatically have registered the AppleCare on the Macs.

Go here and enter the relevant serial numbers to see if they're already registered. If they're covered by AppleCare it'll state so, if not... it'll report that your product is covered by Apple's 1 Year Limited Warranty.

If the latter... you can register them online here with the product serial number and the AppleCare enrollment code, you'll also need the owners address to register.