Applecare for iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theturtle, Oct 30, 2011.

1. theturtle macrumors 6502a

macrumor community, bless me with your opinions.

i just picked up a iphone on CL for 270 (pretty good deal). everything works perfectly etc etc. Volume rockers are a bit loose though tbh. Still has PLENTY of click, but its a tad bit harder to press then when i got my brand new 4s, which had extremely firm buttons with no play. A second issue i found was right above the antenna break, theres a SMALL (extremely small. you have to squint your eyes) space (big enough that u could wedge in the corner of a piece of paper) between the rubber and the screen. also not a big deal.

but question is, would you guys get applecare for this phone? The original warranty expires march. Real puzzled on what to do. found a friend who has a factory sealed iphone applecare plan who would sell it to me for 45 (crazy on how much people charge now now that its discontinued). thoughts?

2. ZipZap macrumors 601

Applecare is your only option. Be careful with cheap plans. Youll need the box as it has a second serial number. Also, I believe Apple has been asking for receipts to ensure it was purchased from an authorized dealer.