Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DIRSGT

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
NC
I must have missed this, but when did Apple increase the replacement cost under AppleCare+ for iPhone from $49 to $79? With this change would a similar plan through a carrier be better? I have AT&T and when I bought my 4s in 2011, Apple's program seemed like the better option for those who choose to go without a case. Now, I am not so sure. I do not like cases:p Why Apple Why??

Per the Apple's website:
AppleCare+ for iPhone
Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $79 service fee plus applicable tax.2

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Going up. This was posted a couple of times yesterday and some are not happy with it. But the alternatives for me at least are a no go either, so I will fork over the cash to get it anyway. :(

LoloBond

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2011
I must have missed this, but when did Apple increase the replacement cost under AppleCare+ for iPhone from $49 to $79? With this change would a similar plan through a carrier be better? I have AT&T and when I bought my 4s in 2011, Apple's program seemed like the better option for those who choose to go without a case. Now, I am not so sure. I do not like cases:p Why Apple Why??

Per the Apple's website:
AppleCare+ for iPhone
Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $79 service fee plus applicable tax.2

Sucks, but still better than paying $7-$10 per month plus $200-$250 deductible.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Not worth it to me unless maybe if you have a 32 or 64GB model.

If it's $199 for replacing the 16GB. VS $179 with Applecare. I'd rather just keep my money in my pocket. If you break twice then it's make sense, but if you break twice. Something is wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.