Applecare for Ipod not bought in Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Cindynjgirl79, May 3, 2007.

1. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

Does anyone know if u buy a ipod at Wal-mart or Target if you can still get Apple care for that ipod? My friend just got one from Wal-mart and after I told her what I did to mine (ran it over in a car) she wants applecare but is not sure it she can because she didn't buy it at the Apple Store. The nearest store is 3 hours away. She lives in some 3rd world state called Nabraska, and I keep forgetting when I go there to ask. So does anyone know?

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

You should still be able to buy it from Apple Online within the one year purchase date and register the AppleCare to the serial #. However, I don't think AppleCare covers running it over or other CompUSA like warranty coverage for neglectful damage. It's for extending the warranty a 2nd year for battery and harddrive failure and things like that.

3. Cindynjgirl79 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

Well see when u run it over with a car and there is just a small dent in the back, u just tell the ppl at the apple store u have no clue how it happend and they give u a brand new one. it was a 5th gen ipod and i thought my live was over. called apple care and they told me not to tell the ppl in the store that i ran it over with a car.