applecare for mac mini on ebay - why so cheap

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andyUKr, May 11, 2010.

1. andyUKr macrumors member

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

3. MacAir78 macrumors newbie

It is a scam, you just get the actvation code which is not enough !!! You need the whole package ( box, receipt,.... ) EVERYTHING SO DON'T DO IT. I did a lot of research about it because I was also tempted

4. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

"Apple" + "eBay" in the same sentence = scam. Period.:rolleyes:

5. HBOC macrumors 68020

the irony of this. Before i really did searching into the shady practices of AC on eBay, I bought AC from this EXACT seller for my iPhone.

He emailed the code pretty quickly, but his communication was ok and took him a while to leave feedback for me. I did have to utilize the AC on my iPhone a few months later, and i had no problems. I have since sold the iPhone last October.

I, however, bought my AC from the Apple Store. No way am I going to take a risk like that.

For the record, i paid $50 for the AC ( i think it is $70 in the store or something) for the iPhone. This guy is located in Seattle, Washington. Funny he is selling in the UK. I did send him questions after doing research on the eBay scams. He closed shop for a while....

But no one has filed bad feedback though, but the buyers probably just registered it and it worked, thus cannot leave bad feedback when something goes wrong..

6. 7thMac macrumors 6502

LOL. A good question but someone asks the same thing every two days!